1. Validate, Release, Publish – What do they mean?
By releasing the data, you send it to our server and make it available in our data pool. This is necessary to, later, publish the data and place it at your customers’ disposal. The server evaluates your data again and sends you “Exceptions” that will appear in your UI in case further corrections must be made. Since Exceptions impede a successful publication, you should wait for possible Exceptions before you publish.
By publishing the data, you determine the destination of your items. If you click on “publish”, you will be asked to select the recipients – the complete target or only a special selection? Please make your choice and publish the data. Upon receipt, your customers will send you a CIC-message that will appear in the CIC summary in your system.
Please only release and publish hierarchies from the top item.
2. Can I search for an attribute?
If you know the name of the attribute you can type it into the box.
A drop-down list will open and if you click on the attribute you will get automatically to the correct place in the publishing system. The attribute is highlighted.
You can also select any attribute from the drop-down list.
3. Can I change the view on the item hit list?
1) Enter your item hitlist and click on the button “Edit Table Columns”. A new window opens where you can see a list of all table columns from your item hitlist.
2) In this window you can edit the columns of the table.
a) You can change the order of the columns by clicking on the column and moving it with the mouse.
b) You can remove columns by selecting them and clicking the “remove” arrow. The selected column will be moved to the section „Available Columns” and it will no longer be in your item hitlist.
When you are done please click “Save Column Layout” and the window will close automatically. The columns of the table are now edited regarding your expectations.
1. Why can’t the recipients see my items?
1. Only successfully published hierarchies (green tick) are visible for the recipients. Items which are still in draft or in a released mode can not be visible for the recipient—> make sure that your item is correctly published.
- So, please check first whether your items are published or sent as part of a published hierarchy (status: article sent).
- Furthermore, please check whether you have received an exception from the data pool indicating whether your hierarchy was not accepted by the data pool due to an error. If you do not understand the exception, please contact the Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The data were published to the wrong recipient e.g. only to the Data Quality Gate.
- Please check to which GLN the item was published and if necessary publish the data to the right recipient.
3. The items were published correctly but the retailer did not create a subscription for your data. A “subscription” is a technical setting that allows the recipient to receive your data.
- Please contact your recipient and ask him or her to check whether a subscription has been set.
4. Sometimes it can happen that there is a general delay in the systems; Data can be sent after a few hours – or sometimes even later. Please note:
- Items published to the target market will be delivered later than data which is published to only certain GLN´s.
- There are different other reasons which can delay a publication like system overload or other technical reasons.
Please contact the help desk if there is a significant delay: email@example.com
2. Why is the GTIN not accepted?
- The system accepts only GTINs with 14 digits.
- If your GTIN only has 13 digits add a “0” at the beginning in the initial creation mask.
If your GTINs has less than 13 digits, add as many “0” at the beginning until the number has a total amount of 14 GTINs like in the example below:
The GTIN 9798319791009 needs a “0” to reach 14 digits and the correct GTIN should be 09798319791009.
3. What does the error message “no orderable unit” mean?
- The publication should happen from the highest level of the hierarchy; if you have for example this hierarchy:
– Case item (e.g. Case, Display…)
– Base item
Please only publish the palette.
The palette will have the status “published” and all components belonging to the hierarchy will have the status “sent”.
- In each hierarchy at least one component should be flagges as “Is Trade Item An Orderable Unit: (true) – True”
If the configuration is correct, and yet you still receive the error message please check the following points:
- Did you also publish the base item(s)?
Please note that only the highest hierarchical level should be published, otherwise it can cause technical problems (like this error message). Please unpublish the base item(s) and leave only the highest hierarchical level published.
Close the item and reopen it.
If the points above do not apply, please try the following steps:
- Click on the highest level of the hierarchy (e.g. pallet or case item)
- Make a small modification (for example modify one minute of the attribute “Start Availability Date Time”).
- Save the change.
- Try to release the whole hierarchy.
If you have checked everything mentioned above and still receive the error message please contact our customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. System message “Anomaly”: what does it mean and what do I have to do?
The goal of these new services is to detect possible data anomalies within your product data and give you a help right from the start to enter correct item data and prevent typos or untypical values.
The tool uses your product dimensions and the gross weight to calculate a density value. This value is compared to other values within your classified GPC and a hint will appear if your value deviates to some extent from the calculated norm.
How does this feature work?
- After creating and saving an item or modifying an existing one you hit the button “validate”
- The system will calculate the product density based on dimensions and gross weight of your trade item.
- This product density will be compared to other other values within your classified GPC, identifying whether it is typical for products within this GPC or not.
- Whenever an inconsistency is identified, the system will call it “Anomaly” and indicate this with an orange icon and a message informing you on the mismatch, like in this example:
Where do I see the system hints when an inconsistency has been identified?
The system will prompt you this information in 2 different ways:
1. On the left side of your item mask, on sections where the inconsistency has been spotted, like in this example:
2. At the bottom of the item mask (if you are within the item itself) or at the bottom of the item list (if you are in “Items” or “Tasks” lists):
What do I have to do?
These messages are hints and will not block the release or publication of your item. Messages are generated as a result of comparing product data within the same GPC classification , however the hints may not be suitable for your item.
- If the hint provided is indeed correct for your item, you may apply changes.
- If the hint does not comply with your specific item, you may just ignore it.
A milk pudding with measurements of 210x142x369 millimetres but a gross weight of 2.185 kg. A data intelligence hint will probably occur, as the weight is far too high with approximately 2 kilogram. Here the unit of measure seems to be wrong and should be corrected to gram.
Editing of Items
1. How can I delete an item?
Exception: The item was created incorrectly and the GTIN will be used again (e.g. you created your case item as base item and now you want to change the article type).
In this case please follow step 1 to 3 from “Deletion (physical deletion) from Publishing Tool”.
- Items which are published or have been published need to be in a released and published state or be part of a published hierarchy. Invalid items have to be corrected and released first. This has to be done separately from the logical deletion process. Therefore, please first correct any errors and afterwards follow the steps from the logical deletion process.
- If a publication already has been withdrawn, please republish the item(s). As soon as the publication has arrived you can start with the logical deletion process.
- Please analyze your hierarchies – which item(s) do you want to delete? Does you base item still exist and you only want to delete the case item or do you want to delete the whole hierarchy?
Logical deletion Process (unsubscribe an item)
1. Change the attribute “Editor Mode” to “(CHN) – CHANGE_BY_REFRESH”
2. Set a current “Effective Date Time”
3. Set a “Discontinued Date Time”
4. Save and release the item
5. Wait until the release has arrived in the retailer tools (Approval). You can check this by closing and reopening the item. Now click on the plus next to “Publications” to check the delivery state. First you will see a paper plane, which means the release is on the way, but has not yet arrived.
Close the item and wait for a while. Reopen the item and wait until the paper plane becomes a green tick, which means that your publication was successful.
Note: You can also check the delivery state in your item overview in the lower section. Select the published item and click on the tab called “Publications” in the lower part of the screen
6. Unpublish the item.
Notes: If a base item has to be deleted so the unmixed pallet or unmixed case must also be deleted. In this case please enter in all hierarchy-levels a “Discontinued Date Time” and release the hierarchy from the top level.
If a base item is a component of a range (e.g. display), you have to ask yourself whether the whole assortment needs to be deleted or just one item. The replacement of components is usually not permitted. For further details on this topic please read the GTIN rules https://www.gs1.org/1/gtinrules/index.php//en/ and / or discuss this with the recipient (s).
If you only need to delete the case item, you only enter the “Discontinued Date Time” for the relevant packaging GTIN.
If you maintained the “Discontinued Date” a long time ago but you did not release the item with the “Editor mode: (CHN) – CHANGE_BY_REFRESH” and you are now being asked by the retailers to unsubscribe the item correctly, choose a “Effective Date” in the past but only so far that it does not exceed 6 months from the already registered expiry date. Leave the “Discontinued Date” untouched.
Deletion (physical deletion) from Publishing Tool
As already mentioned above, by performing the physical deletion process you only delete items in the publishing tool. Nevertheless, the items will still remain with the latest status on the server (DSE) and in the retailer catalogues. If you physically delete an item, you lose control of it. Even Support can no longer move or restore the items. You may even need to re-create the item. So, you should really think twice if you want to physically delete an item from publishing. In any case, you should be absolutely sure that the item has been correctly unsubscribed from the retailer catalogues (please check logical deletion process).
- Unpublish your item – if not already done. Wait until the entries disappear in the publication window.
- Switch to the base item and unrelease (for the whole hierarchy) it. If the base item is still active in another hierarchy, you have to unrelease the item via the case item which you want to delete.
- Mark the corresponding item in your item overview. The button “delete” is now active. Click on it and the item will be deleted.
Note: To delete an item that is part of multiple hierarchies, all publications of these hierarchies must be revoked as well. Do not separate the hierarchies. The item separates itself from the hierarchy when deleting itself.
2. How can I revoke the publication through excel?
Make sure the „Include Components” – box is checked (only if necessary) and start the download.
3. Once the file is processed, open the Excel file.
4. In the last Excel sheet (called Publishing), find the column action code ADD.
5. Change ADD to DEL and, then, save the file on your computer.
6. Finally, return to your user interface and import the file by clicking on “Import”, selecting the file you saved and starting the upload.
3. How can I connect case to base items?
Next, you can connect the case item to other items under ‘edit hierarchy’. To add the base item, select ‘add child item’.
Search for the GTIN of the base item, check the box and ‘add’.
Next, type in the number of base items contained in the case item.
You can add several different base items to the case by repeating the process above. Proceed in the same way to construct a hierarchy for a pallet or display.
4. How can I remove an item from a hierarchy and modify a hierarchy?
If the item has not yet been published you can easily edit the hierarchies.
1. Enter into your item and click “edit hierarchies” in the task bar or on the button on the left side.
2. Now you can Remove an item from the hierarchie, you can add a next lower level / child item or another packaging item.
3. You can also change the Quantity by clicking on the pencil.
5. I have created the base item with the GTIN of the packaging item: how can I correct it?
If it says “(true) – True” your item is created as a Base item and therefore it is not possible to connect it with another Base item. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to change the type of item from packaging to base (or vice versa); you will need to delete the item and create it again correctly. Please follow the following steps:
PART I – unpublish your item(s)
- revoke publication by clicking “unpublish” – if this option is inactive, release first and wait until the release arrives & afterwards click unpublish
- un-release the item
PART II – safe the item as template & Delete it
- enter the package item which was created wrong
- safe the item as template:
- click “Save as template”
- a new window opens – enter a name for your template
- select “Package Item”
- click next and fill out other information if necessary and press “create”
- press “Save” to make sure that you don’t lose the information
- Go to “items” and look for the item which we have to delete. Select the item and click on the button “Delete”.
- Once deleted, create the item again by using the same GTIN and choosing the Template.
Make sure that you choose the correct Article Type “Package Item”
Please check afterwards your item. It is possible that you must fill out some more information.
PART III – Connect case to base & publish the Hierarchy
- Connect the case with your base item. For more details please check our FAQ How can I connect case to base items?
- Release and Publish your Hierarchy. Please only release and publish hierarchies from the top item.
6. Do I need to un-publish in order to make corrections?
Any modification of the hierarchical structure, however, requires the items composing the hierarchy to be in draft mode, i.e. un-published and un-released. If, e.g., you need to change the amount of base items in a case, or add a component to an existing hierarchy, you must first make sure all items are in draft mode. Please make sure to observe the necessary waiting times between all steps to avoid error messages.
1. What is the scope of the atrify customer service and support?
Support from atrify is included.
Test and production systems are within the scope of this support. The purpose of the support is to ensure the functionality and availability of the applicable subscription service, such as, for example, use of the atrify Publishing UI and its standard functions, like creating, updating and validating items.
Ad hoc customization, implemented by atrify upon Customers’ request, can be supported in the frame of a separately purchased support contract or statement of work.
Technical solutions, which are not implemented by atrify, are out of the scope of this support.
Customer must provide relevant information (such as GTIN, GLN, etc.) when contacting atrify support resources. The following are examples of the scope of support provided by atrify, but are not exhaustive.
Within the Scope of Support
- Access to systems and user permissions: Issues experienced when logging into the systems (for example, log in not possible); account configuration changes.
- Data validation and publication: Issues experienced when creating or editing items and hierarchies, or after their publication; exceptions, CICs, system warnings and warnings prompted in the frame of quality improvement initiatives (for example, machine learning and DQG initiatives).
- Excel: Issues experienced when using atrify updated excel templates, as downloaded from atrify’s Systems. Typical examples are:
-Upload and download issues: process can ́t be completed
-Error messages after upload: upload is successful but with errors
- Systems performance: Unexpected system response when creating, deleting or editing items, such as extreme slow performances or sessions interrupted.
- General Knowledge: General questions concerning system attributes, processes and best practices.
Out of the Scope of Support
The following topics are out of the scope of the support and must be treated in the frame of a chargeable service, upon contractual agreement of the parties:
- Excel templates which are outdated, not downloaded from atrify’s Systems, or whose original format has been edited.
- Error bulk analysis: sample analysis and best practices can be provided instead.
- GTINs Deletion: However, deletions will be taken over by the support team when technical issues prevent the user to perform the deletion by him/herself.
- Item creation and field content correction or finalization.
- Systems, XML or FMCG trainings, scheduled consultancy calls.
- Testing and/or setting of ad-hoc scenarios on Customers based requirements.
- Technical Issues caused by non-atrify System issues or by hardware failure.
- Ad-hoc documentation and manuals upon Customer’s request.
- Business-related questions.
Support Contact Details
Please visit us on Web at: https://www.atrify.com/en/contact/ for current support contact
2. How can I receive training?
- Edeka Portal: Training for the Edeka Portal is free of charge and held by atrify
Please contact the following email address for further information: email@example.com
- REWE Portal: Training for the Rewe Portal are free of charge and held by atrify
Please contact the following email address for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro Portal: Training for the Metro Portal is free of charge and held by atrify
Please contact the following email address for further information: email@example.com
Publishing: Training are held by atrify upon charge. Please contact the following email address for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. I need an overview from a couple of items, but only regarding a selected collection of attributes. Can I create such a report?
Please select all items that are supposed to appear in the report. Click on “Download as” in the upper right corner, and then on “Download CSV report”.
Click on “Create a new report”.
Type the attributes you want to appear in the report into the search field on the left. Attributes like “Trade Item Identification: GTIN” must be actively selected, otherwise they will not be in the report. Check the box of each attribute and drag it to “Selected Columns” on the right. Note that you can still change the sequence of the attributes by dragging them up or down.
Type in the Report Name and click on “Save”.
Click on the Download-Symbol to obtain the report.
The downloaded file will be a CSV file. Normally, you must edit this file type in order to turn it into a user-friendly report, e.g., into an Excel sheet. Please find the configuration that meets your requirements best and understand that figuring this out for you exceeds the scope of our atrify Support.
4. How long does it take for my published data to arrive to the recipients?
It is possible to check the status of your publication by the delivery state of your item or by waiting for the CIC message to arrive. Open the item and click on the plus next to “Publications”. At first you will see a paper plane, which means the publication is on the way, but has not yet arrived.
Close the item again and wait a little while. If you see a green checkmark in the Delivery State, your publication was successful.
To see whether the supplier received your data please wait for the CIC message to arrive.
You can also check the delivery state in your item overview in the lower section. Select the published item and click on the tab called “Publications” in the lower part of the screen.
If your publication is significantly delayed, please check our FAQ: Why can the recipients not see my items?